Seeing the country is so much fun, particularly if you can do it in an RV. There are so many places you can go without worrying about the high price of hotel rooms. Get on the open road and experience the U.S. in a whole new way. Read on for the pro tips for planning your ideal RV camping trip.
When you are seeking your next destination, consider some of the practical aspects of the trip. A little foresight can make all the difference for a pleasant journey and stay.
With limited space, you have to carefully plan for the weather and the activities you’ll be engaging in when you pack clothes. Try for items that will do double duty, are wrinkle-resistant, and can be mixed and matched in multiple ways. Think of layers for places that are warmer in the day and cooler at night.
If you are planning to eat meals, plan your menu ahead of time. Think logically about what will be used during your trip to avoid waste. Don’t waste time or space on items that are “just in case.” Here is an excellent list from KOA that can help you trim unnecessary items from your packing list.
If you aren’t planning to rough it in the wild with only a campfire for cooking and sun or stars for light, you’ll want to think of what you’ll need while parked. Look for amenities like:
- Running water
- Snacks and convenience items
At Apache Gold Casino RV Park, they provide all this and more. They have roomy showers in case your RV doesn’t have one, or you just want to take advantage of more room to stretch out. There is also an onsite gas station and convenience store for all your last-minute needs. You’ll never have to miss a social media post or your favorite streamed show with the complimentary WiFi.
Relax and Enjoy the Journey
Traffic is a living thing. Even a relatively calm route can become a parking lot if there is an accident. Keeping your GPS or app open and programmed with your destination can route you away from frustrating time sinks like stalled traffic, construction, or road closures. Most GPS applications will provide alternate routes in plenty of time to keep you moving down the road.
Don’t forget to take advantage of the slower pace of travel. Stop and look at historical markers. Check out local attractions in the towns you travel through. Take these opportunities to stretch your legs and experience the local culture.
Get More Bang for Your Buck
When you are ready to park your RV and enjoy some time off the road, you’ll want a place that offers options for everyone. At Apache Gold Casino, everything you could want is right at your fingertips.
- Nature: Stunning vistas are all around. From the Tonto National Forest to the mountains to the surrounding desert landscape, you have the best views anywhere.
- Entertainment: A casino and live music are steps away. Slots, casino games, events like concerts, and rodeos are all part of what you can expect when you visit the Apache Gold Casino RV Park.
- Restaurants: With four restaurants to choose from, you have ample opportunity to take a break from cooking and sample different food. From fine dining to bar snacks, you’ll find it all at Apache Gold Casino.
- Golf: If you are going to play golf, you’ll want to play at one of the best. Apache Stronghold, a USGA-ranked par 72 course, was rated one of the top courses in Arizona by Golfweek magazine.
If you live in Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, or Texas, hit the road and head to Apache Gold Casino RV Park. Experience the best views nature has to offer, world-class entertainment, the best in casino games, and more. To get more information or to reserve your spot, call 800-APACHE-8 today.